Brandi and Eddie

Brandi and Eddie
Nashville

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

cicadas

So not sure how many of you are from the South, we are not so this is our first time experiencing cicada season. Apparently I heard today some folks eat these as they are kin to shrimp...? Not sure they were serious or trying to get one over on the dumb Yankee. Either way these things are like a choir of magnificent sound they are nearly deafening at times.
If not careful they will us your body as a hitching post and just hang out, forget the bug spray ladies these things will not be deterred. One lady on the news was apparently making jewelry out of their wings!!! I don't care how "trendy" this may be this girl ain't putting no bug wings in my ears. Any who while this is most definitely not music related I felt the need to educate all my Northern Folk about this interesting creature. Luckily the good news is that they only come around every 11-13 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment